Bottled water – Fulfilling our basic need
Most of the people in the country opt for bottled water, as it’s very convenient and safe, making it the best option at times. When you are traveling to a certain place, you don’t know whether you would find clean and pure water to drink. Taking fresh bottled water along with you and having regular sips of water will ensure that you are always hydrated and that you will always perform well. Many water processing plants use dangerous chemicals to purify the water, hence you need to be careful in choosing the best bottled water brands for you.
What are the benefits of drinking water?
- It keeps the fluid levels in our body in a proper balance.
- It optimizes the functioning of the kidney and liver.
- It protects our joints and cartilage.
- It protects us from several diseases.
- It improves our mood.
- It prevents headaches and other ailments.
What are the symptoms of dehydration?
Even though most of us know the disadvantages of not consuming ample amount of water, we tend to forget to drink sufficient water due to our busy work schedules. Here are a few symptoms of dehydration:
- Dry skin
- Poor concentration
What are the four categories of bottled water?
- Spring water
- Artesian well water
- Mineral water
- Well water
What are benefits of bottled water?
- Convenient and safe: Bottled water is the most convenient and safe, making it the best option. It’s easy to carry in a bag while you are travelling and also stops you from the intake of contaminated water, which could lead to various sickness.
- Lifesaver in many natural disasters: In cases of natural disaster, most of the public water sources are unusable immediately after the event, sometimes for a long time. That’s when bottled water is the best option and comes as a lifesaver for the common people. At times of emergency, it’s easily accessible, and it’s the only source of clean drinking water until everything is settled for good.
- Bottled water has very good shelf life: Bottled water is manufactured so that it can keep us prepared for emergencies. Hence, it always comes with better shelf life. Consumers can buy bottled water in bulk and store for daily use.
- Reasonable price: The best bottled water is priced reasonably. It’s totally worth it, as clean water is a very basic need of human life. Bottled water is sold at different prices that are affordable and in various sizes according to your needs. Buying bottled water in bulk can lower the cost, and it also saves time, as you don’t have to go to the store to pick up water bottles, which makes it the best option.
- Bottled water is filtered: This is one of the most important benefits of the best bottled water. The water is filled in bottles after purifying all contamination, and it is used for drinking purposes. Of course, all the water manufacturing companies have different methods of cleaning the water, and only some of them focus on a deep cleaning. Hence, we need to make a wise choice.
What are the concerns with bottled water?
- If you are a person who thinks about environmental health, you might also understand the dangers that plastic bottles lead to after the consumption of the water in those bottles. Drinking bottled water does not benefit the environment in the long run, even though bottled water has many advantages.
- Harvard University’s Office for Sustainability reported that Americans dug out around 50 billion plastic bottles in the year 2009.
- Therefore, we need to take the responsibility of our choices in order to protect our environment and the lives of our future generations.
How to solve this concern and yet have the same benefits?
- You may purchase a few glass bottles and fill them with tap water from the water filter.
- You may have your own bottled water to suit you best and stock it up in the refrigerator for easy consumption.
- A filter certified by the National Science Foundation is recommended to be used by the CSPI.
- Different brands of water filters eliminate various types of contaminants; for instance, a leading brand may remove metals like copper, lead, mercury, etc., whereas, some other brands may use even more powerful water filters which, eliminates pesticides, herbicides, microbials and asbestos.
- So installing a water filter at homes can solve issues.
In conclusion, I’d want to say whether you buy bottled water from a store or make your own bottled water for consumption is your choice, pick the one that is the best for you. We need to only make sure that we make the right choices and live a healthy life.