Everything to know about the Ford F150
Ford has been a popular choice among buyers for decades, especially when it comes to pickup trucks. The Ford F150, in particular, is considered as one of the most popular vehicles that offer high capacity payload and towing for long distance hauls.
Read on to find out more about the trim variants, specifications, and points to consider while buying from Ford F150 4×4 sales and auctions to get the best deals on both new and used vehicles.
What are the technical specifications of the base model of the Ford F150?
- The Ford F150 XL is the base model available across authorized dealerships and Ford F150 4×4 sale auctions.
- The F150 XL features a 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 engine that is the standard installation for the base model. You have three options including a 2.7 EcoBoost® V6, the 3.7 EcoBoost® V6, and the 5.0L V8 for the higher models of the Ford F150.
- The base variant offers a 6-speed automatic transmission with tow/haul modes for long distance driving to support the massive powerhouse packed inside the chassis.
- The interior features a combination of premium seating, climate controlled air conditioning, and additional systems designed for your entertainment, comfort, and convenience.
- The exterior of this vehicle comes with a sturdy frame and support chassis for the flatbed, adding a great visual touch to this industrial workhouse. The exterior design compliments the interiors as well.
- Safety and security are of paramount importance for all the trim variants of the Ford F150 truck series. It offers advanced hitch assist, stability control, curve control, anti-lock brakes, and wheel lock systems.
- The Ford F150 base model is a great option if you are buying a truck for the first time. Ford has priced it at approximately $27,705.
- You can also buy both new and pre-owned trim variants from a Ford F150 4×4 sale auction.
What are the points to consider while buying from a Ford F150 4X4 sale auction?
- The Ford F150 is mainly popular for its payload and towing capacity with room for a maximum trailer towing capacity of 12,500 pounds and a payload capacity of 2000 pounds on an average.
- You must consider the reserve price in a Ford F150 4×4 sale auction as it is the standard minimum applicable on a used vehicle for the auctioneer to sell. Any bids lower than the reserve price will not be eligible.
- Inspect the vehicle thoroughly and if possible, have a certified technician take a look at the truck to ensure the engine and chassis both are in good condition before you make an offer above the reserve price.
- It is a good idea to read reviews posted by previous owners and car buyers from various auctions online to get an overview of the entire process.
What are the key points to consider while comparing different trim variants of the Ford F150?
- The engine configuration and fuel economy are among the top features to consider while comparing different trim variants for the best Ford F150 trim variants.
- The Ford F150 offers four-wheel drive across most of its trim variants, which is why it is one of the most popular options when it comes to buying pickup trucks.
- The towing capacity and cab size will vary depending on the trim variant which is why you must compare design and aesthetic specifications.
- Basic safety features and advanced technologies for a better, safer, and more comfortable ride are essential components you must compare across the popular trim variants.
Which are the popular trim variants of the Ford F150?
- The 2018 trim variants of the popular Ford F150 include the Ford F150-XL, F150 XLT, F150 Lariat, F150 Raptor, F150 King Ranch, F150 Platinum, and F150 Limited.
- The F150 XL base variant is available for under $28,000 with the F150 Limited edition being the most expensive one priced at around $61,360 if you are buying from a dealership.
- A used Ford truck can be purchased from a Ford F150 4×4 sale auction in your county or district for the bid price. You can check out quotes online with the respective auction house before heading down to make an offer.
- You can also avail a loan to purchase both new and pre-owned vehicles from popular banks and financial institutions in the area.
(TAGS_ford f150 4×4 sale, ford f 150 truck deals)