Things to consider when buying a used Apple iPhone
Apple is a pioneer of computing and mobile technology and is a tech giant in the industry. The brand is well known and almost everyone is familiar with the iconic logo of the half-eaten apple. While competing tech conglomerates in the industry display their company name in the bold and impactful font, all Apple needs is its logo on a product it makes to announce its arrival in the market. That is the power of Apple as a global brand.
Today, Apple has acquired a global presence and has become a status symbol ever so with it’s ever expanding range of smartphones, laptops, all in one computers, and wearable devices that can sync with any of the company’s products. The Apple iPhone series manages to retain its title and has stood the test of time and technology over the years. There are a variety of payment options available for an iPhone as well. If you are looking to buy a used iPhone, there are various deals available over the Internet as well.
To help you make an informed decision, here are a few points you must consider to ensure that you get the best deals on a used Apple iPhone.
What things should be considered before buying a used iPhone?
- No doubt the first thing that comes to your mind is the iPhone variant you want to buy. Firstly, consider the storage capacity as iPhones offer limited internal storage and no options for external memory expansion.
- Screen size matters the most as iPhones are compact and designed to deliver with a smaller display as well. If you’re looking for a used iPhone with powerful features but a smaller screen size, your choices will be limited as Apple expanded its screen size only after introducing the iPhone 6 series.
- Battery performance is more or less similar in most models although some of the Plus variants offer better usage and battery life in comparison.
- Processing speeds will vary with each model so ask yourself if you want an Apple iPhone that offers lightning-fast responses.
- Camera, headphones, and accessories are among a few other things you must consider to help you further narrow down the iPhone variant you would like to choose from.
- The 32GB iPhone 6 is a popular choice if you are buying a used iPhone handset for the first time.
How can you avoid buying a blacklisted iPhone?
- Not all sellers will be upfront about where they got the phone, especially if you are buying online from anonymous sources.
- There is a good chance that you might end up with a blacklisted phone that has been stolen and resold.
- A blacklisted Apple iPhone is completely useless as it will not connect to any network even if you unlock it.
- You must always insist on the IMEI number to check whether the phone is a genuine refurbished piece or is the seller passing on a stolen device.
- You must also ensure that the iPhone does not have an activation lock set on the device.
- The activation lock can be opened with an Apple ID and password and there is a good chance the seller won’t have it if the phone was stolen.
- Also, ensure to buy used iPhones only from verifiable sellers and websites over the Internet.
How to ensure if the iPhone is functional?
- Testing the iPhone is crucial before you buy it as there may be problems with a used handset.
- Always check the screen first to see whether the tap and gesture controls are responsive without any lag.
- Check the power and volume buttons to confirm they are not jammed.
- Check the headphone jack and charging port to ensure everything is in a working condition, as the last thing you want to end up with is a used iPhone that has a damaged charging port.
- Always check to see if the phone connects to a network and other wireless hotspot services.
Are any accessories part of the deal?
- It is almost completely pointless to buy a used iPhone without any accessories.
- You must negotiate a price with the seller that includes all accessories including the charger and headphones.
- If you are buying better used or refurbished variants like the iPhone 6S, 7, or higher, ensure that you get the AirPods and lightning charger with the deal.
- You don’t want to spend extra money buying accessories for a used phone as there is a good chance you won’t be using a used phone for long.
- The main advantage of buying a used Apple iPhone is that you can always upgrade to a better variant whenever you can afford the same.
Tags – apple iphone, iphone apple s